Monday, September 15, 2008

Welcome to my blog

So I finally decided to join the world of blogging. We'll see where this takes me, but it should be interesting. I love to do so many things - stamping, scrapbooking, crafting, reading, cooking. Anyway, it's hard to find time to do all of that. Between my 3-year old, my husband, our house and daily life, it can be hard to find time for me. So I have to craft smart. Hopefully I can share some of that with you!

Since I started stamping about 8 years ago, I've had a guilt complex every time I go to buy a card in the store for someone. Don't get me wrong, I like Hallmark and all that, but most of the cards get pretty expensive. I have a hard time justifying even the $.99 cards when I have a room full of stamps and cardstock at home. But it doesn't always work out that I have time to make a card for someone (especially since I usually wait until the last minute to do it.) So I started making pre-made card pieces. I have a selection of pre-cut card backs, mats, and fronts all ready to go when I need a card in a hurry. All I have to do is stamp and glue.

The dimensions for a basic small card are:
Card base - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Card mat - 4" x 5 1/4"
Card front - 3 3/4" x 5"

No comments: