Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Icy Snowman Bookmark

I recently learned the technique of Dazzling Diamond Dust. Taking that and turning it a different way, I made this "Icy" Snowman Bookmark. You can see the "icy" part best in the last image.
Here is what you need: Ink, Versamark, Blender pen or watercolor pencils, clear embossing powder, white cardstock cut to 1 3/4" x 6 1/4", and blue background cardstock cut to 2" x 6 1/2".
Start by stamping your background snowflakes in Bliss Blue, then your accent stamp and snowman in Ballet Blue (or use your other favorite colors instead).


Using your blender pen and your accent colors, watercolor in the details you want to highlight.

Turn your versamark ink pad over your paper and ink ENTIRE image. You don't want to miss a spot. Double check. It will look funny when you are all done. Trust me.


Sprinkle embossing powder over entire bookmark, shaking off the excess and heat emboss. Let cool. I had to let my paper sit under a book for a while until the image would lay flat.


Mount your masterpiece onto the blue background, and embellish with ribbon or whatever you like and you are done!


Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

This is so cute! I love bookmarks, and I'm always looking for ideas. Thanks for sharing!