Saturday, December 6, 2008

Crockpot Dip

This is the dip we made today. The original recipe we just call Bread Bowl Dip (because it's made in a bread bowl), but I wanted to experiment (and I'm too cheap to buy a bread bowl for normal occasions) and make it in the crockpot. It worked! Delicious. But I can't call it bread bowl dip anymore.


Ingredients:
16 oz sour cream
16 oz cream cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar
1 small jar dried beef, minced in food processor
taco chips, for dipping


Pretty much just throw the first 4 ingredients into a 1 1/2 quart crockpot. Turn on low. Let it go about 2 hours or so, stirring occasionally, until everything is all melted together.


(Or you could do what we did and halve the recipe and make it in your Little Dipper - it's tight, but works.) There won't be much left. My husband and I munched all day, and my parents stopped by and ate a little too. There's not much left...

No comments: