Sunday, November 29, 2009

Crafty Critters Challenge #13

Phew this was a long weekend! Nice though. The baby actually slept in her crib instead of her sling for the afternoon nap, so I got some nice craft time in while my 4 year old played next to me.

Challenge #13! This one was very neat. I've never tried to make a Split Negative card. Check out the tutorial, but it really is easy!

I chose to make a christmas card with black, white and SU Old Olive. The stamp set is PTI. I just used black and white embossing powder and filled in the ornaments with olive and silver. The glitter is a neat trick (thanks Jenny!) using double stick tape to adhere.


Thanks for looking and happy stamping!

9 comments:

Melina said...

Great job on the challenge girl! I've not done a split negative before either...hope I do as good as you :)

JayLynn said...

This is so pretty! I love how you added some color to a couple of the ornaments on the tree.

paige said...

great image to use for your card

Tracey said...

This is so pretty. I love the touch of green on the stamped image. TFS!

April said...

This turned out soooo great! After I saw your's I worked on mine because I love how yours looked!

Melina said...

Already commented on this post but I have a little something for you over on my blog...today's post. Be sure and check it out :)

Jennifer said...

Awesome job on the challenge! I have to do my card still, and you're all giving me great ideas.

Anonymous said...

Awesome job!!!

Lesley said...

What a great technique, beautiful card!