Friday, August 20, 2010

Sizzling Summer

Hello again! The wonderful group of bloggy crafty girls I belong to are having a monthly challenge, and this is our first round. The theme is Sizzling Summer. Basically, the hostess for the month sends the girls on her team a card kit with the elements to put together a card, and everyone will make a card and share it with the group. April put this neat kit together (isn't the glittery paper the best?) I hope I did the image justice - it's a little out of my comfort zone, but really neat. Jenny has these Sweet Pea stamps for sale in the Paper Jewels store (sorry, had to plug - she has a great store!)

I used this week's sketch from Card Patterns for this card.

I colored her in with Prismacolor pencils and softened it with OMS. I highlighted with red and clear Stickles. I also added SU Real Red cardstock to the kit.

Thanks for stopping by today!

11 comments:

JayLynn said...

Ooooh this is pretty! This is one of my favorite Sweet Pea stamps :)

April said...

You totally did it justice! I love it! Great sketch to us too!!! And I LOVE that DP and have no idea who makes it or where I picked it up!!! Shame huh???

Melina said...

Love the way you did the ribbon! Wow, great card :)

Melanie said...

Awesome job Colleen, you did a georgous job with your coloring.

AnnMarie said...

Gorgeous!! LOVE it!! :)

Craft Paper said...

Very pretty! I like the sketch you used. Great job on the challenge!

Terria said...

very hot and sex card to me:)

Anonymous said...

Hot diggity dog girl!!! AWESOME job!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

Lesley said...

Your card is awesome, I love it!

marsha said...

Gorgeous! Great coloring and LO!
Hugs, Marsha

Moira said...

This is beautiful!

Loving that bow! I need to learn how to tie bows!